Why Chile, III Region?
Red Metal is focused on exploration in the Coastal Cordillera of the III Region Chile.
- The world’s leading copper producing country.
- According to the 2011 Fraser Institute Survey of Mining: “Chile is the only jurisdiction outside North America that has consistently been in the top 10” and ranks 1st in Current Mineral Potential.
- Chile’s III Region was the mining center for copper, gold and silver starting in the 16th century
- With the discovery of large porphyry deposits inland, mining halted on the Coastal Cordillera
- Mechanized mining methods and exploration techniques have improved over the last century providing the region with new potential
- Present day mining includes large iron mines and revived small scale copper, gold and silver mines as well as several large IOCG copper gold mines such as Candelaria and Mantoverde
- Compared with jurisdiction such as Ontario, Canada, the coastal cordillera of Chile remains relatively unexplored
The built-in controls allow you interact with the PDF by
rotating and manipluating layers in three dimesions.